Els for Autism Canada is run by 3 volunteers responsible to organize four golf fund raising events (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal) in 2023. All profits generated from these events gets distributed back to the local autism community through this grant application process. Keep in mind that we have limited funds to distribute, and we always receive more requests that we can fulfill. (In 2022, we had approximately $300,000 in total to distribute.) We understand that the need for Autism Services is limitless, and funding is an issue everywhere in the country. Strong consideration will be applied to applicants that serves people on the spectrum using recreational activity programs, and in developing employment programs and skill readiness for finding employment opportunities and assisting them throughout their journey.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicant must have run programs (not necessarily the program for which they are applying for funding) for at least 3 years.
2. Applicant must be a non-profit organization in good standing with the federal government of Canada and most possess a valid CRA charity number.
3. Applicant must be registered as a non-profit in the province/territory in which they provide services.
4. Access to programs provided with funds from Els for Autism Canada must be free or provided under a fee scale that assesses the participant’s ability to pay.
5. Other funding consideration are for programs that provide therapy, support, education and/or public awareness for and about people diagnosed on the autism spectrum, and their families. Other initiatives might be funded on a case-by-case basis.
6. Grant recipients are required to provide an impact report after the funded program is completed. You may want to include photos and/or videos of the supported program as part of the impact report and send no later than November 1 st , 2024.
7. The grant recipient may also be asked to conduct a 30-to-45-minute live webinar on the Els for Autism Foundation’s on-line learning platform that will be recorded and added to the Foundation’s on-line library for the purpose of sharing knowledge within the autism community worldwide.
Please provide us with a one-page letter outlining the following:
• Organization information – this section provides basic information about your organization, including the Registered Charity Number and a brief description of your organization and the services provided.
• Project contact person – the person listed should be the person best suited to answer questions about the project and your organization.
• Amount requested – please indicate the dollar amount you are requesting. Organizations must understand that the total grant dollars are dependent on the overall success of our fundraising activities.
• Project summary – this brief description (one or two paragraphs) provides a “snapshot” of your project.
• Potential networking opportunities with the programs offered by the Els for Autism Foundation.
If you are successful in your application, you will be required to submit a report following the completion of your program using this template.