ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
Grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicant must have run programs (not necessarily the program for which they are applying for funding) for at least 3 years.
2. Applicant must be a non-profit organization in good standing with the federal government of Canada and most possess a valid CRA charity number.
3. Applicant must be registered as a non-profit in the province/territory in which they provide services.
4. Access to programs provided with funds from Els for Autism Canada must be free or provided under a fee scale that assesses the participant’s ability to pay.
5. Funding is provided only for programs that provide therapy, support, education and/or public awareness for and about people diagnosed on the autism spectrum, and their families. Other initiatives might be funded on a case-by-case basis.
6. Grant recipients are required to conduct a 30 to 45 minute live webinar on the Els for Autism Foundation’s on-line learning platform that will be recorded and added to the Foundation’s on-line library.
7. Grant recipients must also complete a Donation Documentation Form and provide photos and/or videos of the supported program by November 15, 2021.
Please provide us with a one-page letter outlining the following:
• Organization information – this section provides basic information about your organization, including the Registered Charity Number and a brief description of your organization and the services provided.
• Project contact person – the person listed should be the person best suited to answer questions about the project and your organization.
• Amount requested – please indicate the dollar amount you are requesting. Organizations must understand that the total grant dollars are dependant on the overall success of our fundraising activities.
• Project summary – this brief description (one or two paragraphs) provides a “snapshot” of your project.
• Potential networking opportunities with the programs offered by the Els for Autism Foundation.
If you are successful in your application, you will be required to submit a report following the completion of your program using this template.